Improving Lives: By the Numbers
PRAB impacts thousands of lives daily and have helped over hundred thousands of people over the course of the last four decades. Here are some statistics which demonstrate the scope of our impact on the community:
- PRAB provides quality Early Childhood education to 647 children, making it the largest provider in the City of New Brunswick.
- Over 100 at-risk and court involved youths are mentored, tutored, and connected to community resources annually.
- Through support from the Department of Community Affairs (DCA) invested approximately $7 million dollars to weatherize over 1,400 homes in Middlesex County, generating an average of $417 in energy savings annually to each home.
- Over 13,000 Low Income Home Energy Assistance/ Universal Service Fund applications are processed annually helping families with their utility bills.
- This past year, over 2300 residents received housing counseling that included helping home owners manage the foreclosure mediation process.
PRAB’s Recent Accomplishments
In its 40 year history, through grants, and merging with other programs, PRAB has evolved into a comprehensive human services organization serving the Central Jersey low income residents regardless of social, economic or ethnic background. The following are some of PRAB’s more recent accomplishments:
- PRAB is the first Hispanic Community Based Organization in the state of New Jersey to receive the Federal designation as the Community Action Agency for Middlesex County West.
- PRAB is the first social services provider in the United States utilizing the online queuing system (QLess) to manage client intake.
- PRAB is the premiere social services provider in Central Jersey with the capacity to serve the community in a bilingual/bicultural setting.
- PRAB’s Mario Gonzalez and 18 Drift Early Childhood Centers have been accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) program. This voluntary accreditation recognizes professional standards for early childhood programs, and help families identify high quality programs for their children.
- PRAB is the authorized agency in Middlesex County managing the Low Income Home Energy, Universal Service Fund, and Weatherization Assistance Programs.
- PRAB has two satellite offices for the Low Income Home Energy and Weatherization Assistance Programs in the cities of Perth Amboy and Carteret, NJ.
- PRAB partners with New Brunswick Tomorrow to manage the New Brunswick School Based Youth Services and Parent Infant Care Center (PICC) programs.
Our work centers around improving the quality of life for the individuals we serve. Most people have the same aspiration in life to provide a better existence for themselves and those they love. PRAB serves as their lifeline. We help people achieve self-sufficiency and growth. The stories we’re sharing with you demonstrate the vital, life changing work we’re proud to do every day.